Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

sync ipad books to mac

How do i get my ipad Books library moved to my MAC?

-Logged in both devices with my AppleAccount

-Both icloud and books enabled

-Synchronise books in ipad books app is on

-8 of my 150 books sync however, rest not

When i connect my ipad wired to my mac and open via the finder the ipad i can select at the books tab sync, but then my empty book list on my mac will be moved to ipad...resulting in deleting all my ipad books.

Any help welcome...

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.3

Posted on Apr 10, 2022 12:34 PM

Similar questions

9 replies

Apr 10, 2022 2:06 PM in response to PatSurf

On the iPad, open the Books app. For each PDF:

• Locate the PDF in the “Library” tab.
  • Tap the three horizontal dots in the lower right.
  • Choose “Save to Files”.
  • Be certain the save goes to the “Downloads” section of iCloud Drive.

Then you can access iCloud Drive using Finder on the Mac, even if Books fails.

Apr 10, 2022 1:05 PM in response to sberman

I need exactly the other way around.

>>ipad Books library moved to my MAC

When i follow the process described in the link all my books will get removed from the ipad. My MAC is empty and has no books in the Books app. The books app on the ipad contains 150 books. All settings show sync via icloud.

Any thoughts?

Apr 10, 2022 1:25 PM in response to sberman

First thanks for the fast response. Great.

The books on my ipad are not bought books. They are my own created PDF with reference materials.

When i bought a new mac in dec. I started clean. With empty MAC. So now i have an empty book lib on my Mac and 150 PDF lib on my ipad.

What seems to be the problem is that my ipad does not sync those 150 pdf's to icloud. Both my MAC and iphone that contain the books app only have 8 of those 150 books.

Tried disable/enable icloud book sync etc..

Any idea's how to get the ipad syncing again to icloud so my other devices will download the books from icloud?

Apr 10, 2022 1:57 PM in response to sberman

Yeb, both on.

Also on appleid account settings > iCloud > iCloud drive on and Books On

Also toggle them on/off. Restarted Books App.

Including log out and log back in apple ID.

Whats strange is, the categories sync seems ok. If i make a new category on the ipad. It shows up after some time on my MAC. So there is syncing going on. Looks like existing books (think added via book of another MAC are not in the cloud but only on the local ipad.)

sync ipad books to mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.