Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with my 10.5" iPad Pro Charging

Why does any charging cord I plug into my 10.5" iPad Pro is loose and then when it is in on the right angle it charges my 10.5" iPad Pro too slow?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on Apr 10, 2022 5:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 11, 2022 3:16 PM

AdvisorMP I just had my 10.5" iPad Pro looked at Geek Squad at the local Best Buy and they pulled out debris out of the charging port. They also told me to change my charging cord as well which I did back to the Apple USB-C block and the Apple USB-C to Lightning charging cord and to plug that into the charging port to see if it works and it seems to work for me. The only other option they gave me was to buy a new iPad Pro with 512gb of storage and WiFi only. I have gotten my problem solved by Geek Squad at Best Buy.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 11, 2022 3:16 PM in response to AdvisorMP

AdvisorMP I just had my 10.5" iPad Pro looked at Geek Squad at the local Best Buy and they pulled out debris out of the charging port. They also told me to change my charging cord as well which I did back to the Apple USB-C block and the Apple USB-C to Lightning charging cord and to plug that into the charging port to see if it works and it seems to work for me. The only other option they gave me was to buy a new iPad Pro with 512gb of storage and WiFi only. I have gotten my problem solved by Geek Squad at Best Buy.

Apr 11, 2022 11:26 AM in response to redhead101

Thanks for reaching out, redhead101.

It sounds like you're having a hardware issue with the charging port on your iPad Pro. We can help.

If you're noticing that multiple chargers are not fitting the way they should, and that charging is slower than expected, you might want to get your device evaluated for possible service.

You can follow these steps to Contact Apple for support and service.

Hope that helps!

Problem with my 10.5" iPad Pro Charging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.