Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Tv Grey Screen on Streaming

My airplay streaming from my IMAC to my apple tv suddenly does not work. It has been working great until today. Now when I stream video from my browser (chrome or safari same thing), The video on the IMAC and Apple TV goes grey, I am using rogers ignite TV in a browser on the IMAC and then airplay with the apple TV to my TV. I can see all the text ( guide) and menus but the video is grey. I can hear the audio.

I have tried to restart and then reset my Apple TV. I also rebooted my IMAC. No change

This only happens on streaming video. If I bring up a website page , that works fine.

Any ideas?

Posted on Apr 10, 2022 5:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 10, 2022 10:14 PM

Content providers can block AirPlay support if they choose. Consult with the TV provider about AirPlay support.

If you can AirPlay anything else from the browser, then AirPlay itself is working fine. Any issues will originate in the content.

Similar questions

1 reply

Apple Tv Grey Screen on Streaming

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.