Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Contact name “And 2 others” on Incoming Caller ID

I’ve confirmed that the contacts who are showing this on incoming caller ID do not have any other linked accounts in their profile and their numbers are no associated with anyone else in my contacts. Is there another resolve for this issue?

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Apr 10, 2022 6:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 10, 2022 6:37 PM

Just the one person comes up. These are calls from cells phones and are not duplicated anywhere else in my contacts, yet the caller ID shows “And 2 others” for at least 3 of my contacts (so far). I just got this phone 1 week ago.

6 replies

Apr 10, 2022 6:43 PM in response to dawncherie083

You may have stored the same contacts in multiple email accounts.

Either remove the contacts from the rarely used email account or disable contacts from the rarely used mail account in the iOS Mail app.

Unlike some Android devices, contacts are neither stored locally on an iPhone nor in SIM. They are synced to an email account that you had Google, iCloud, AOL, Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo or any Other

Apr 10, 2022 6:33 PM in response to dawncherie083

dawncherie083 Said:

"Contact name “And 2 others” on Incoming Caller ID: I’ve confirmed that the contacts who are showing this on incoming caller ID do not have any other linked accounts in their profile and their numbers are no associated with anyone else in my contacts. Is there another resolve for this issue?"

-------

Verifying your Contact Info:

How have you confirmed this? Type the phone number into the search bar on top of the Contact app. See what sows up.

Contact name “And 2 others” on Incoming Caller ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.