Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages suddenly stopped working on my iPhone 12 Pro

Pages suddenly stopped working on my iPhone 12 Pro. I can see the documents but can't open them. Nothing happens when I click them. I was wondering what I might do about that.

Posted on Apr 11, 2022 5:10 AM

3 replies

Apr 12, 2022 8:18 AM in response to trh4444

Hey there trh4444,

We recommend taking each of the steps below which should help get your Pages app working properly again:

Close and reopen the app
Force the app to close. Then open the app to see if it works as expected.

Restart your device
Restart your iPhone or restart your iPad. Then open the app to see if it works as expected.

Check for updates
To see if updates are available for the app, open the App Store, tap your profile icon, then scroll down to see if updates are available. If updates aren't available for the app, update the software on your iPhone or iPad.

Delete the app, then redownload it
Delete the app. When you do this, you might lose data that was stored in the app. Then redownload the app. Then check to see if the problem with the app is fixed.

If an app on your iPhone or iPad stops responding, closes unexpectedly, or won’t open - Apple Support

Should this persist, please Contact Apple Support for next steps.

Take care!

Pages suddenly stopped working on my iPhone 12 Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.