Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transferring WhatsApp from Android (Huawei) to iPhone

Does anyone know how to back up and transfer chats from an Android device to IOS? I've had my WhatsApp since 2012 and really don't want to lose certain chats.

I've tried Dr. Fone and paid for a few others but nothing seems to be working.

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Apr 11, 2022 8:13 AM

3 replies

Apr 11, 2022 10:45 AM in response to Seallbay

"For future reference, this is an Apple community, meaning that this is not the place for issues related to non-Apple stuff."

Honestly people can be so needlessly aggressive. I am quite certain the poor person is trying to switch from Android to an iphone (as I am) and is just hoping that some kind person at Apple or somewhere might have a painless way of accomplishing this task. Surley it is in Apple's interest to help folks that wish to do this as it sells and supports more iphone users. Then again maybe it might be best to have android users permanently banned from buying Apple products.

Apr 11, 2022 8:55 AM in response to nishoutofwater

For future reference, this is an Apple community, meaning that this is not the place for issues related to non-Apple stuff.

I may be mistaken, but I'm sure there's a backup feature on WhatsApp. The first few steps on the official website should help: https://faq.whatsapp.com/android/chats/how-to-restore-your-chat-history/?lang=en

I'm pretty sure you can then log in on your iPhone using the same log-in information. I'm not too familiar with how WhatsApp works, to be honest. I hope my reply helps to some extent.

Apr 11, 2022 10:52 AM in response to GoneDiving

Hi GoneDiving,

I am very sorry my reply came across as rude. I certainly didn’t mean for that. I try to answer questions as respectfully as possible whilst trying to remain professional.

Just to clarify, I don’t work for Apple. Most users on the Apple Support Communities don’t. Those with a special coloured nametag such as ‘Community Moderator’, on the other hand, do.

Apple Support Communities is a place where consumers of Apple can receive assistance from fellow Apple users and fans. To receive support directly from Apple, one should contact Apple Support.

Apologies again,

Jay (they/them)

Transferring WhatsApp from Android (Huawei) to iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.