Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am sending iMessage to other iMessage users and sometimes it’s Green and sometimes blue depending on the person. This happened after I got the iPhone 13 and transferred my info. I can’t get it back to blue for iPhone users.

I am sending iMessage to other iMessage users and sometimes it’s Green and sometimes blue depending on the person. This happened after I got the iPhone 13 and transferred my info. I can’t get it back to blue for iPhone users.

Posted on Apr 11, 2022 4:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 11, 2022 6:20 PM

If you checked Settings>Messages and iMessage shows that it is activated and your Send & Receive shows your Apple ID and Phone number, then he would need to check the same thing on his device. So if this happens when you are together, that would indicate you are both connected to the internet. Does it happen when you are not together so you are unaware of his type of connection?

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 11, 2022 6:20 PM in response to mcrothstein

If you checked Settings>Messages and iMessage shows that it is activated and your Send & Receive shows your Apple ID and Phone number, then he would need to check the same thing on his device. So if this happens when you are together, that would indicate you are both connected to the internet. Does it happen when you are not together so you are unaware of his type of connection?

Apr 11, 2022 4:19 PM in response to mcrothstein

iMessages changing to sending by SMS can happen for a number of reasons. This can happen usually if either one or both of the people involved lose internet service for any reason. It could be a loss of cellular service if away from home, or wi-fi issues. However, you would be best to verify that your iMessage activated properly. Go to Settings>Messages, and make sure it is. Then you can check what is set for Send & Receive. If one of them sends you a message and you respond, does it send as an iMessage? Are you also sure these users still have iOS devices?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.