Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Old Mac does not see the new one.

Trying to transfer data from my old Mac to a new one. Old Mac is running Big Sur and new Mac is running Monterey. Problem is old Mac is not seeing new Mac but new Mac does see old Mac. Firewalls are turned off on both and I disabled Firewalls on Norton on old Mac. Need any suggestions please! Should I remove Norton completely?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Apr 11, 2022 4:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 12, 2022 12:40 AM

Dsavant96 Said:

"My Old Mac does not see the new one.: Trying to transfer data from my old Mac to a new one. Old Mac is running Big Sur and new Mac is running Monterey. Problem is old Mac is not seeing new Mac but new Mac does see old Mac. Firewalls are turned off on both and I disabled Firewalls on Norton on old Mac. Need any suggestions please! Should I remove Norton completely?"

-------

Troubleshooting Device Sharing and A/V:

Uninstall Norton:

Yes. You should remove Norton, completely. Secure Software just gets in the way on a Mac, and this is a pure example of how and why. Norton is likely the culprit here.

Use an Uninstaller:

Important: Get an uninstaller form the developer and none other. Getting it elsewhere, you may end up installing junk files on your Mac. You need to use an uninstaller, as just deleting it to thr Trash will leave this all uncollaborated, and files left here and abroad on your hard drive.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 12, 2022 12:40 AM in response to Dsavant96

Dsavant96 Said:

"My Old Mac does not see the new one.: Trying to transfer data from my old Mac to a new one. Old Mac is running Big Sur and new Mac is running Monterey. Problem is old Mac is not seeing new Mac but new Mac does see old Mac. Firewalls are turned off on both and I disabled Firewalls on Norton on old Mac. Need any suggestions please! Should I remove Norton completely?"

-------

Troubleshooting Device Sharing and A/V:

Uninstall Norton:

Yes. You should remove Norton, completely. Secure Software just gets in the way on a Mac, and this is a pure example of how and why. Norton is likely the culprit here.

Use an Uninstaller:

Important: Get an uninstaller form the developer and none other. Getting it elsewhere, you may end up installing junk files on your Mac. You need to use an uninstaller, as just deleting it to thr Trash will leave this all uncollaborated, and files left here and abroad on your hard drive.

My Old Mac does not see the new one.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.