Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Get the message off my iPad I cannot use it it will not take my password!!

Cannot get messages it will not take my password

iPad Air, iOS 10

Posted on Apr 11, 2022 9:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 11, 2022 9:39 PM

Libbylynn1952 Said:

"Get the message off my iPad I cannot use it it will not take my password!!"

-------

What password?

If you are referring to the passcode, you need to reset the passcode. So, refer to the following...

Troubleshooting a Locked iPad:

Hold It Right There!:

Enter the passcode incorrectly too many times, and you'd likely be locked out for good. So, hold it right there, and refer to this link: If you Forgot the Passcode on your iPad, or your iPad is Disabled - Apple Support. It would be the one you've always entered. If you do not know it, then look for it in a location you may have stored it in.

If locked out...

Have any Proof of Purchase?

Unless you have the original packaging and receipt, you may be out of luck. If you do have it, however, then take this to an Apple Store, or an AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider)! and they may be able to restore it. The reason for this blockage is all about Security & Privacy.

Apple Contact Info:

Why the Wait:

Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :) 

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 11, 2022 9:39 PM in response to Libbylynn1952

Libbylynn1952 Said:

"Get the message off my iPad I cannot use it it will not take my password!!"

-------

What password?

If you are referring to the passcode, you need to reset the passcode. So, refer to the following...

Troubleshooting a Locked iPad:

Hold It Right There!:

Enter the passcode incorrectly too many times, and you'd likely be locked out for good. So, hold it right there, and refer to this link: If you Forgot the Passcode on your iPad, or your iPad is Disabled - Apple Support. It would be the one you've always entered. If you do not know it, then look for it in a location you may have stored it in.

If locked out...

Have any Proof of Purchase?

Unless you have the original packaging and receipt, you may be out of luck. If you do have it, however, then take this to an Apple Store, or an AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider)! and they may be able to restore it. The reason for this blockage is all about Security & Privacy.

Apple Contact Info:

Why the Wait:

Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :) 

Get the message off my iPad I cannot use it it will not take my password!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.