Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sound cracking when playing sound through new Studio Display

I have a 27" new Studio Display connected to a Mac Studio. Running macOS Monterey 12.3.1. When using the built-in speaker in the display, the sound is cracking/ breaking up. Switching to the sound out of the Mac Studio, everything is fine. Except the speakers aren't as good. Any ideas of how to fix?

Studio Display

Posted on Apr 11, 2022 9:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 12, 2022 3:14 PM

Hey there Erik,

Great job on making sure you're up to date, along with testing the speaker built-in to your Mac Studio!

As it may pertain to what's happening, how long after using it did it start to occur, and what do you have selected for the microphone input when this occurs?

Have you already tried a restart of your Mac? Check out the section 'Restart' here: Log out, sleep, wake, restart, or shut down your Mac

Cheers!

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 12, 2022 3:14 PM in response to Erik Asla

Hey there Erik,

Great job on making sure you're up to date, along with testing the speaker built-in to your Mac Studio!

As it may pertain to what's happening, how long after using it did it start to occur, and what do you have selected for the microphone input when this occurs?

Have you already tried a restart of your Mac? Check out the section 'Restart' here: Log out, sleep, wake, restart, or shut down your Mac

Cheers!

Apr 12, 2022 4:57 PM in response to tbirdvet

I spoke at length with Apple support this morning. Eventually, transferred to a 'higher level', yet unable to sort out the issue. The representative arranged for a Genius appointment in two days. Maybe I am 'reading between the lines' but he sounded as if he's heard about similar issues related to the brand new display.

Just when I thought I'd tried everything, I thought I may as well give your suggestion a shot. And now the display sound works as normal. It's actually quite impressive. Obviously too early to tell if this is a permanent fix, but so far it's looking good. Thank you!

Sound cracking when playing sound through new Studio Display

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.