Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cleared all of my history and data in safari and factory reset my phone to lessen the system data. It does change but it still come back to normal?!!?

Posted on Apr 11, 2022 11:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 11, 2022 11:33 PM

d0menique Said:

"I cleared all of my history and data in safari and factory reset my phone to lessen the system data. It does change but it still come back to normal?!!?"

-------

Thank you for the screenshot.

Clear "System Data":

You need to clear "System Data" (Formerly called "Other"). It is the light-colored grey. Perform as I've instructed here: How to Clear "Other" in your iPhone's Storage - Use Backup - User Tips.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 11, 2022 11:33 PM in response to d0menique

d0menique Said:

"I cleared all of my history and data in safari and factory reset my phone to lessen the system data. It does change but it still come back to normal?!!?"

-------

Thank you for the screenshot.

Clear "System Data":

You need to clear "System Data" (Formerly called "Other"). It is the light-colored grey. Perform as I've instructed here: How to Clear "Other" in your iPhone's Storage - Use Backup - User Tips.

I cleared all of my history and data in safari and factory reset my phone to lessen the system data. It does change but it still come back to normal?!!?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.