Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I'm facing thet dark spots after updating my ipad 15.3 thet dark spots appears sometimes appear and gone after off my ipad

Posted on Apr 12, 2022 3:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 12, 2022 5:24 AM

You make no mention of your iPad model.

The issue that you describe/illustrate is a most commonly attributed to a physical screen defect known as “stage-lighting” - where some of the backlight LEDs have failed. This is a hardware failure, unrelated to your recent software update.

The screen backlight is illuminated by a row of LEDs positioned along the edges of the iPad screen; a screen diffuser nominally distributes the light evenly across the visible screen. When some of the LEDs fail, you see dark patches - as illustrated in your photo.

The only remedy is replacement of your iPad screen. Unless your iPad is within warranty, or you have an active AppleCare+ plan (that provides cover for screen defects/failure), the cost of repair is unlikely to be economic.

iPad Repair - Official Apple Support

You might be well advised to visit the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP) - where the technicians will be able to test and assess your iPad:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 12, 2022 5:24 AM in response to subho177

You make no mention of your iPad model.

The issue that you describe/illustrate is a most commonly attributed to a physical screen defect known as “stage-lighting” - where some of the backlight LEDs have failed. This is a hardware failure, unrelated to your recent software update.

The screen backlight is illuminated by a row of LEDs positioned along the edges of the iPad screen; a screen diffuser nominally distributes the light evenly across the visible screen. When some of the LEDs fail, you see dark patches - as illustrated in your photo.

The only remedy is replacement of your iPad screen. Unless your iPad is within warranty, or you have an active AppleCare+ plan (that provides cover for screen defects/failure), the cost of repair is unlikely to be economic.

iPad Repair - Official Apple Support

You might be well advised to visit the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP) - where the technicians will be able to test and assess your iPad:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

I'm facing thet dark spots after updating my ipad 15.3 thet dark spots appears sometimes appear and gone after off my ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.