Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New MacBook Pro. I did a migration from old unit time capsule to new machine. Where do I find the username and password??

I migrated a MacBook Pro to a new MacBook Pro with time capsule. The machine is asking for username and password. How do I find that information?

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Apr 12, 2022 4:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 12, 2022 4:24 AM

Move your content to a new Mac

On your new Mac

1. Select the information to transfer.
  2. In this example, Michael Cavanna is a macOS user account. If it has the same name as an account already on your new Mac, you're prompted to either rename the old account or replace the one on your new Mac. If you rename, the old account will appear as a separate user on your new Mac, with a separate home folder and login. If you replace, the old account will delete and then replace the account on your new Mac, including everything in its home folder.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 12, 2022 4:24 AM in response to Moneywflow

Move your content to a new Mac

On your new Mac

1. Select the information to transfer.
  2. In this example, Michael Cavanna is a macOS user account. If it has the same name as an account already on your new Mac, you're prompted to either rename the old account or replace the one on your new Mac. If you rename, the old account will appear as a separate user on your new Mac, with a separate home folder and login. If you replace, the old account will delete and then replace the account on your new Mac, including everything in its home folder.

New MacBook Pro. I did a migration from old unit time capsule to new machine. Where do I find the username and password??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.