Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can you make pdfs from downloads to pages workable doc like filling in lines to questions

can you make pdfs from downloads to pages workable doc like filling in lines to questions

Posted on Apr 12, 2022 8:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 12, 2022 9:55 AM

Apple does not ship a PDF editor, and Pages cannot open a PDF, only accept a single-page PDF dropped on it as a document object. There is no form field functionality supported in that dropped PDF, nor by Pages at all.

If you have access to MS Word 16.31 or later, you can ask it to open a PDF and it will convert it to a Word DOCX document. Then you can use Word's Form tools to make form fields. Or, purchase a PDF Editor and create the form fields in an existing PDF.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 12, 2022 9:55 AM in response to Cheftj123

Apple does not ship a PDF editor, and Pages cannot open a PDF, only accept a single-page PDF dropped on it as a document object. There is no form field functionality supported in that dropped PDF, nor by Pages at all.

If you have access to MS Word 16.31 or later, you can ask it to open a PDF and it will convert it to a Word DOCX document. Then you can use Word's Form tools to make form fields. Or, purchase a PDF Editor and create the form fields in an existing PDF.

May 26, 2022 4:01 AM in response to EmeraldsTranquility

You are the first to post that Pages exported PDF being rejected by employer websites that I have seen here. Ever.

These are fellow user supported sites and the Apple product teams do not participate here. That also means no one can answer why your Pages for iOS PDFs are rejected by employer career sites, though excessive size is a guarantee of rejection. So would sending them a Microsoft OneDrive encrypted PDF, without using the Mac OneDrive application to reverse the encryption before the upload.

Since the current Adobe Acrobat Reader DC will open any PDF generated by me from Pages over the last several years of macOS releases, it suggests to me that Adobe is satisfied that Pages is generating valid PDF. I would expect Pages for iOS/iPadOS, and iCloud to be doing the same, even though these applications are less featured than the macOS version.

Create your résumé in a current version of Pages for Mac, or MS Word for Mac. Submit the PDF from either to the same job site that rejected your Pages for iOS content. Same or different results?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.