Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hidden mouse on Final Cut Pro

I don't know if this is just a feature that I haven't got to grips with yet but often when I'm using Final Cut Pro it will hide my mouse. The app is still open and I can change things and use keyboard commands but my mouse is hidden and seems to be stuck in the bottom left hand corner. I would have assumed it was my fault but the problem persists when I move desktops or windows out of Final Cut, and even if I have final cut open in the background and I'm not using it my mouse disappears / gets stuck in the bottom corner and takes lots of vigorous clicking and swiping on my trackpad before coming out to be usable again but then it just gets stuck again a few seconds later. The problem goes as soon as I close Final Cut, and sometimes final cut just crashes when the problem gets bad.

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 12.3

Posted on Apr 12, 2022 8:39 AM

Similar questions

6 replies

Apr 20, 2022 9:54 AM in response to Rory1003

Finally someone running into my problem and recently too!. I just got the new MacBook M1Pro few months back and first time using Final Cut. After few uses I noticed the mouse "disappears" while I'm editing. Later I noticed that the mouse was actually moved to the lower left and stayed there (I can see my mouse is forced there despite my attempts to move it). This only happens when Final Cut is running.

I want you to imagine how frustrating this is, you are editing and all of a sudden the mouse snaps to to bottom left and stays there and you can't continue your editing, it stays there for a good 5-10 seconds until it is released.

I tried the delete preferences option but that didn't help. Any help is appreciated. EtreCheck reports attached.

Adding that final cut came with my MacBook Pro already installed.

Apr 12, 2022 8:56 AM in response to Rory1003

Start by deleting preferences.

To delete preferences, hold down command and option while starting FCP X and click Delete Preferences. The application will start in a default state, and open an “Untitled” library.

Reopen the library you were working on, set the preferences the way you like them, and try again.

If the problem persists please run Etrecheck and post its full report here.

Apr 20, 2022 10:30 AM in response to b17w0rm

Please tell us what version of FCP.

Not sure if any of that has an impact on the mouse issue, but you certainly have things in that report that need to be addressed.

You have Chrome, and that wreaks havoc on video applications like Final Cut Pro.

See https://www.chromeisbad.com for why, and how to remove the bad keystone daemons.

This one I had not seen before:

2022-04-16 09:41:33 Final Cut Pro Crash

Executable: /Applications/Final Cut Pro.app

Details:

ProCore: Last ProCore Log: assertion failed: FFSegmentStore compressio

nOutputCallback did not run at the expected QOS level. May result in s

elf-throttling performance issues. See comment 'QoS NOTE' where compre

ssionSession is created! (sfrc->expectedQOS == qos_class_self()) :: vo

id compressionOutputCallback(void *, void *, OSStatus, VTEncodeInfoFla

gs, CMSampleBufferRef) (file: /Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/Fl

exo/Flexo-40100.141.14/framework/utilities/FFSegmentStore/FFSegmentSto

reInfo.mm, line: 1188)

libdispatch.dylib: API MISUSE: Over-release of an object

Apr 20, 2022 1:38 PM in response to Luis Sequeira1

I have been using Final cut for 2 hours now and I have never seen the problem again! All I did is what you suggested to delete chrome and all its dependencies. I don't even use chrome I just installed it once to test something.

Thank you so much and I am on the latest Final Cut 10.6.2 and I already notice significant performance difference.

Hopefully the problem doesn't come back if it did I'll update the thread. I don't think it will because I used to get it every few minutes and since I removed Chrome I have been heavily editing for 2 hours and I don't see it.

Thanks again!

Hidden mouse on Final Cut Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.