Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hidden contacts

When I go to contacts, my list is almost fully blank. But when i go to messages, i begin to type the name and it shows up! As i click their name, their number pops up instead of their name for who I’m texting.

This started when my apple account needed my password again for a gmail account and wouldn’t accept it so i had to delete it and readd it. Any ideas?

iPhone 12 mini

Posted on Apr 12, 2022 10:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 12, 2022 10:45 AM

I am not sure where you are looking the Contacts for, however watch the GIF below

2 replies

Apr 12, 2022 10:46 AM in response to _Gir_

When you go to Contacts, do you see anything in the upper left corner? Can you tap there and select All Groups? How are you managing your contacts? Do you use iCloud or possibly use Gmail since you mention them? If you go to Contacts>Accounts>in that list do you see more than one account that has Contacts listed? It sounds like you were using Gmail for Contacts. If that is the case and it does not show Contacts listed when you check that account in Contacts as described above, if you tap on it, you should be able to turn on the switch for Contacts.

Hidden contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.