📢 Newsroom Update

The iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Pro lineups, Apple Watch Series 10, the new black titanium Apple Watch Ultra 2, AirPods 4, and new colors for AirPods Max are now available! Learn more >

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

💡 Did you know?

Battery life is a combination of many factors, such as how much you use your device and which apps you use. Learn what to do if you think your battery is draining too quickly >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Erase data from new phone to old phone

Ok so I had an upgrade (?) today. Done the transfer to new phone. I hate it. I now want to transfer back to old phone and send the new phone back minus all my stuff. How do I do it? I’ve tried but I’m doing it wrong and all my info is now on both phones 😫😫😫 can someone help please ? Thanks

iPhone SE, iOS 15

Posted on Apr 12, 2022 11:12 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 12, 2022 11:14 AM

On the new phone, do this, What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

5 replies

Apr 13, 2022 3:02 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

No I didn’t link the phone to a computer. I’m thinking I can transfer it all back the way I did when I got the new phone. ie reverse the action? I’ve got a horrible feeling I’m going to be stuck with this new phone cos I’ve loaded all my data on it, but don’t like it cos the handset is too small. I’ve arranged a send back but haven’t heard anything yet. But just need to remove my data from the phone before sending it back x

Erase data from new phone to old phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.