Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do I need added security for my MacBook Air?

Do I need buy

added security for my MacBook Air laptop? I'm always getting notifications from Norton Security and others saying I need this.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Apr 12, 2022 11:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 12, 2022 12:48 PM

I'm always getting notifications from Norton Security and others saying I need this.

Those things are scams. Ignore them.

Apple offers plenty of built-in security. You can augment it by following these recommendations:

Set up your Mac to be secure - Apple Support

Protect your Mac from malware - Apple Support

Security features on your MacBook Air - Apple Support

For a technical overview of macOS's built-in protections, read Protecting against malware in macOS - Apple Support

To learn more about how to protect yourself from succumbing to scams, read Effective defenses against malware and other threats

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 12, 2022 12:48 PM in response to rosemaryfromclinton

I'm always getting notifications from Norton Security and others saying I need this.

Those things are scams. Ignore them.

Apple offers plenty of built-in security. You can augment it by following these recommendations:

Set up your Mac to be secure - Apple Support

Protect your Mac from malware - Apple Support

Security features on your MacBook Air - Apple Support

For a technical overview of macOS's built-in protections, read Protecting against malware in macOS - Apple Support

To learn more about how to protect yourself from succumbing to scams, read Effective defenses against malware and other threats

Do I need added security for my MacBook Air?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.