Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Messenger doesn’t ring me for video call

Just after I update my 10XR to 15.4.1 I do not receive the normal video tone to announce someone is trying to reach me. I only get an alert showing I’ve missed a video call. Do not disturb is not active. Also, my normal ringtone is say, pinball. When I go into messenger notifications for sound, it is also set to that. Something happened to my stuff with this last update. I receive video calls through messenger as a lot of people is androids…and it has always worked well until this last update. Anyone else experiencing this? I did just uninstall and reinstall messenger and still doesn’t work. I can call out and people are alerted of a video call, it is me

that is not notified. Messenger texts alerts work normal. I’ve checked all my settings. Long time user of iPhone. Help!

Posted on Apr 12, 2022 12:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 12, 2022 1:25 PM

messenger Just had a default ring tone when a video call would come in. I go into settings in messengerand I do not even see an option under sounds for a video alert. So by default I am assuming that sound is simply set. Would be ok if it worked. Has something to do with the last update. I just double checked all my settings.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 12, 2022 1:25 PM in response to drmax1111

messenger Just had a default ring tone when a video call would come in. I go into settings in messengerand I do not even see an option under sounds for a video alert. So by default I am assuming that sound is simply set. Would be ok if it worked. Has something to do with the last update. I just double checked all my settings.

Messenger doesn’t ring me for video call

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.