Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How I can print "selected area on a page" in Pages?

I found some answers from a while back. I'm hoping Apple improved on the previous answer.\

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 11.6

Posted on Apr 12, 2022 2:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 12, 2022 3:53 PM

I suspect the 'previous answer' was similar to the current answer:

With the Pages document open to the page containing the area to be selected:

• Pace the pointer at the top left of the ara you want to print.
  • Press shift-control-command-4

The pointer will change to a cross-hair icon.

• Drag the icon down and right to create a selection rectangle enclosing the part of the page you want to print,
  • Release the mouse button to take a screen shot of the selected area.

The Mac will place the image of th selected part of the screen on the Clipboard.

• Launch Preview.
  • In Preview's File menu, choose New from Clipboa
  • Preview will open a new document containing only the 'selected area' included in the screen shot.

Regards,

Barry

PS: If you omit 'control' from the keystroke combination above, the screenshot will be saved as a .pdf file in your Desktop folder. The file's name will be 'screen shot' followed by the date and time the screenshot was taken, and with a .pdf extension.

The file caan be opened in Preview, or inserted in a new pages docuemnt for printing.

B.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 12, 2022 3:53 PM in response to designhostess

I suspect the 'previous answer' was similar to the current answer:

With the Pages document open to the page containing the area to be selected:

• Pace the pointer at the top left of the ara you want to print.
  • Press shift-control-command-4

The pointer will change to a cross-hair icon.

• Drag the icon down and right to create a selection rectangle enclosing the part of the page you want to print,
  • Release the mouse button to take a screen shot of the selected area.

The Mac will place the image of th selected part of the screen on the Clipboard.

• Launch Preview.
  • In Preview's File menu, choose New from Clipboa
  • Preview will open a new document containing only the 'selected area' included in the screen shot.

Regards,

Barry

PS: If you omit 'control' from the keystroke combination above, the screenshot will be saved as a .pdf file in your Desktop folder. The file's name will be 'screen shot' followed by the date and time the screenshot was taken, and with a .pdf extension.

The file caan be opened in Preview, or inserted in a new pages docuemnt for printing.

B.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.