Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch with mixed service

I have T-Mobile. I want to get my wife a T-Mobile Apple Watch to use with her Verizon iPhone 8 . Will this work?

Posted on Apr 12, 2022 7:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 12, 2022 8:16 PM

I assume you want to get her a GPS+Cellular watch so she can use it at times without her iPhone. Make sure that you have an eligible cellular service plan with a supported carrier. Your iPhone and Apple Watch must use the same carrier, and you must be within your carrier's network when you set up cellular on your watch. For more info, see:

Set up cellular on Apple Watch - Apple Support

BTW you can get her a GPS-only version of the watch. The GPSp-only version can do everything a GPS+Cellular version can as long as she is near the paired iPhone. (The GPS-only version will work independent of any carrier and it won't require a separate monthly plan with the carrier.)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 12, 2022 8:16 PM in response to AlwaysSonnyhere

I assume you want to get her a GPS+Cellular watch so she can use it at times without her iPhone. Make sure that you have an eligible cellular service plan with a supported carrier. Your iPhone and Apple Watch must use the same carrier, and you must be within your carrier's network when you set up cellular on your watch. For more info, see:

Set up cellular on Apple Watch - Apple Support

BTW you can get her a GPS-only version of the watch. The GPSp-only version can do everything a GPS+Cellular version can as long as she is near the paired iPhone. (The GPS-only version will work independent of any carrier and it won't require a separate monthly plan with the carrier.)

Apple Watch with mixed service

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.