Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Steps as a goal

I want to set a steps goal on my Apple Watch. How do I do that?

Posted on Apr 12, 2022 9:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 13, 2022 5:59 PM

If Apple wants to keep its appeal to younger people, then so be it. The more complicated the info, the less appealing it is to those of us who have a life. Mature people prefer measuring in less complicated ways. Apple needs to make steps available in addition to all there other measurements. Fitbit has more than just steps.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 13, 2022 5:59 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

If Apple wants to keep its appeal to younger people, then so be it. The more complicated the info, the less appealing it is to those of us who have a life. Mature people prefer measuring in less complicated ways. Apple needs to make steps available in addition to all there other measurements. Fitbit has more than just steps.

Apr 14, 2022 10:36 AM in response to ZeldaFurst

ZeldaFurst wrote:

Please, don't presume to speak for all "mature people". I just turned 60 and, an number of the Watch using people who regularly participate here are in their seventies and eighties. I find nothing especially complicated about moving enough to fill up a ring. And, it has better science behind it than steps but, I don't want to overcomplicate things for you.

Apple needs to make steps available in addition to all there other measurements.

Your Apple watch does make steps available. Open the Activity app and scroll down until you see your steps for the day. And, as I noted before, if you want more step information, Apple, unlike Fitbit, makes the data available to third party apps that you can install on your watch.

Also, Apple doesn't read here in this user-to-user technical support forum for feedback and suggestions. You can let them know your thoughts here:

Product Feedback - Apple

Apr 13, 2022 10:02 AM in response to ZeldaFurst

ZeldaFurst wrote:

Well, no wonder people go back to Fitbit.

Do you have any evidence that this happens more than the reverse? Or to any great degree? Regardless, everyone should get the tool that best meets their individual needs.

Apple has based it's goal functions on some very good science. Just counting steps is, in many ways, a less accurate measure of whether or not your getting enough exercise than the metrics Apple has chosen.

You can still use your Apple Watch to count steps. And there are plenty of third party apps that will let you set step goals for yourself. One I've used is called StepsApp. It has lots of complications for the Apple Watch.

Steps as a goal

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.