Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I turn off the cursor hover function?

this question was answered back in 2012 but is no longer relevant because preferances have changed. I did not have this problem until Monterey. It's really annoying. Now when I am looking for something and not watching the cursor, things open up all over the place that I did not want to open.

Posted on Apr 13, 2022 12:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 13, 2022 7:35 AM

OC1paddler wrote:

this question was answered back in 2012 but is no longer relevant because preferances have changed. I did not have this problem until Monterey. It's really annoying. Now when I am looking for something and not watching the cursor, things open up all over the place that I did not want to open.

Mouse-overs are coded into web pages...if it is the app interface itself you can try a different browser and compare your results—I know Safari.app has become increasingly more annoying...

can you give an example?

I do not see nor recommend trying to hobble this feature system wide.

Thee layers of standard web technologies: HTML, CSS, and javascript

Some but not all mouse-overs are governed by java-script. You can turn this off...

Safari>Preferences>Security

Change Websites preferences in Safari on Mac - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 13, 2022 7:35 AM in response to OC1paddler

OC1paddler wrote:

Mouse-overs are coded into web pages...if it is the app interface itself you can try a different browser and compare your results—I know Safari.app has become increasingly more annoying...

can you give an example?

I do not see nor recommend trying to hobble this feature system wide.

Thee layers of standard web technologies: HTML, CSS, and javascript

Some but not all mouse-overs are governed by java-script. You can turn this off...

Safari>Preferences>Security

Change Websites preferences in Safari on Mac - Apple Support

how do I turn off the cursor hover function?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.