Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomePod Going Silent

In the past maybe two weeks, my HomePod has started going silent on certain songs - mainly brand new songs that have just been downloaded from Apple Music - then it will play the next song like nothing happened. Before this, it would stop and start playing before completely cutting out.

It seems to have started with the latest iOS/HomePod update but I wanted to see if it was only me it was happening to or should I replace with a new HomePod?

Currently have the original HomePod for anyone curious.

Thanks!

Posted on Apr 13, 2022 3:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 14, 2022 6:58 AM

Hello _madis0n,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. We're happy to look into this issue with you. The steps in the following resource can help when the HomePod isn't working as expected:

If HomePod mini or HomePod isn't responding

Let us know the results. Be sure to include any other troubleshooting steps that you may have tried.

Have a nice day!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 14, 2022 6:58 AM in response to _madis0n

Hello _madis0n,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. We're happy to look into this issue with you. The steps in the following resource can help when the HomePod isn't working as expected:

If HomePod mini or HomePod isn't responding

Let us know the results. Be sure to include any other troubleshooting steps that you may have tried.

Have a nice day!

HomePod Going Silent

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.