Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Android to IPhone transfer

When I try to transfer data from my android to my new iPhone with the Move to iOS app its begins to transfer for about 5 minutes before saying “A transfer error has occurred.” What can i do to resolve this issue?

iPhone 13

Posted on Apr 13, 2022 6:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 13, 2022 2:55 PM

You can try Install this app apple.movetoios on your Android device is an app released by Apple to enable users to transfer a certain type of data including text messages. However, it requires an iPhone that has not yet been set up. Therefore, if your iPhone is in use, using Move to iOS will replace your iPhone data.

Step 1. Set up your new iPhone and go to Apps & Data

The screen displays several data management options including backup and data recovery. Click "Transfer data from Android".

Step 2. Launch the Move to iOS app on your Android device

You need to download and install the app on your Android phone to be able to transfer your messages to iPhone. Once turned on, you will be asked to enter a code generated on your iPhone.

Step 3. Transmission messages

Entering the code gives you access to the files you wish to transfer. Click on Messages Finally, click "Next" to start transferring

if that doesn’t work let me know I will give another steps you can try!

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 13, 2022 2:55 PM in response to AJHanly

You can try Install this app apple.movetoios on your Android device is an app released by Apple to enable users to transfer a certain type of data including text messages. However, it requires an iPhone that has not yet been set up. Therefore, if your iPhone is in use, using Move to iOS will replace your iPhone data.

Step 1. Set up your new iPhone and go to Apps & Data

The screen displays several data management options including backup and data recovery. Click "Transfer data from Android".

Step 2. Launch the Move to iOS app on your Android device

You need to download and install the app on your Android phone to be able to transfer your messages to iPhone. Once turned on, you will be asked to enter a code generated on your iPhone.

Step 3. Transmission messages

Entering the code gives you access to the files you wish to transfer. Click on Messages Finally, click "Next" to start transferring

if that doesn’t work let me know I will give another steps you can try!

Apr 13, 2022 12:25 PM in response to AJHanly

Hey there,

make sure both devices are up to date. On the new iPhone you can use: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

On your android device , are you using any network monitoring apps, like a Wi-Fi Analyzer? If so, you'd want to remove them and try the transfer again.

If that doesn't help try the steps in this article ☞ Move content manually from your Android device to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

You can also try removing all saved Wi-Fi networks on your android device your , then try again.

if you still need help Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Android to IPhone transfer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.