Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using the location in messaging on an iPhone; What does the blue ring around the photo mean

What does it mean when you’re using your location through the messaging on an iPhone that there’s a blue ring around the photo

iPhone X, iOS 15

Posted on Apr 13, 2022 10:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 13, 2022 10:31 AM

If you are referring to when you look at People, are you speaking of a large Blue ring, or just close around the person's image? If just the image, it should be referring to being Live, but I believe mine are flashing green. It could be that the blue is when it is listed as Now, which just does not move when they do, it refreshes ever couple of minutes. The large blue circle around them is when their location is not as precise, and they are within that larger blue circle.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 13, 2022 10:31 AM in response to misslainey

If you are referring to when you look at People, are you speaking of a large Blue ring, or just close around the person's image? If just the image, it should be referring to being Live, but I believe mine are flashing green. It could be that the blue is when it is listed as Now, which just does not move when they do, it refreshes ever couple of minutes. The large blue circle around them is when their location is not as precise, and they are within that larger blue circle.

Using the location in messaging on an iPhone; What does the blue ring around the photo mean

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.