Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Paste bug in 5.x???

Since upgrading to 5.x, I can't seem to be able to access a web page by pasting a link to the URL field and hitting enter. I can paste but won't take me to the link. Known bug?

PC, Windows XP Pro, iPhone 4, iPad

Posted on Aug 9, 2010 2:21 PM

4 replies

Aug 10, 2010 7:29 PM in response to SolarPower

Yeah, I'm getting the same thing at the moment. Haven't got a cure yet, but have narrowed down the field a little on the causes of it (XP Pro SP3 box).

(1) It's a systemwide issue ... it occurs no matter which user account you're using on the PC. That rules out a Safari settings/preferences files issue, and rules out a bunch of user-account-specific Windows settings/preferences issues.

(2) A simple uninstall/reinstall of Safari and Apple Application Support didn't fix the issue. However, I didn't take a few explicit precautions I usually take when doing an uninstall/reinstall, which might produce some success. Will follow up on that later.

A question for you gentlemen and/or ladies: which *time zone* do you have set on the PC? I'm in a time zone *(UTC +12:00) Coordinated Universal Time +12 and Auckland, Wellington, and Fiji* where earlier versions of Apple Application Support (1.3.0 in particular) could cause trouble with Safari 5.0 (in particular), as per:

[iTunes for Windows / Safari for Windows: Quits unexpectedly|http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3418]

Are any of you also in the dodgy time zones?

(Wondering here if we've got a similar sort of time-zone-related trouble, with AAS 1.3.1 this time.)

Paste bug in 5.x???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.