Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri says Uhuh

Is there a way to change how Siri answers? I bought iPhone 11 today and she responded with the most awkward rude 😡 Phrase, not even a real word.

Posted on Apr 13, 2022 6:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 13, 2022 8:43 PM

Please log your feedback with Apple. Product Feedback - Apple

Speak your question directly; without pause. “Hey Siri please play the playlist chill, shuffled.” Or whatever.

With recent devices, the Siri processing is local; on device. You’re not waiting for a network connection to some remote Apple server to be established and receive and process your request: https://www.theverge.com/2021/6/7/22523438/apple-iphone-siri-on-device-processing-ios-15-wwdc-privacy

Or as I prefer to think about all of this, best being polite to Siri (Please and thanks) and not wasting Siri’s time before providing the requested task; of getting right to the request. This directness completely bypasses Siri telling me to get going with my request; with “uh-huh”, too.

I too find the dictionary-defined word “uh-huh” (dating from 1858) a fine response, too. I envision tapping fingers.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 13, 2022 8:43 PM in response to bibi101

Please log your feedback with Apple. Product Feedback - Apple

Speak your question directly; without pause. “Hey Siri please play the playlist chill, shuffled.” Or whatever.

With recent devices, the Siri processing is local; on device. You’re not waiting for a network connection to some remote Apple server to be established and receive and process your request: https://www.theverge.com/2021/6/7/22523438/apple-iphone-siri-on-device-processing-ios-15-wwdc-privacy

Or as I prefer to think about all of this, best being polite to Siri (Please and thanks) and not wasting Siri’s time before providing the requested task; of getting right to the request. This directness completely bypasses Siri telling me to get going with my request; with “uh-huh”, too.

I too find the dictionary-defined word “uh-huh” (dating from 1858) a fine response, too. I envision tapping fingers.

Siri says Uhuh

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.