Newsroom Update

watchOS 11 brings powerful health and fitness insights. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Setting Apple Watch when crossing the Atlantic on a cruise ship

Crossing the Atlantic in a few days. Since we lose an hour every day (EDT +1, +2, +3 etc) how do I set my Apple watch to correspond to the correct time?

Apple Watch Series 5

Posted on Apr 13, 2022 8:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 13, 2022 9:30 PM

Apple has some instructions in the support document If you can't change the time or time zone on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.

Your watch is dependent on your iPhone and should adjust its time accordingly.

The automatic change requires internet connection, which may or may not be available on the vessel. Ask the crew about that.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 13, 2022 9:30 PM in response to LaurieTillett

Apple has some instructions in the support document If you can't change the time or time zone on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.

Your watch is dependent on your iPhone and should adjust its time accordingly.

The automatic change requires internet connection, which may or may not be available on the vessel. Ask the crew about that.

Apr 14, 2022 4:52 AM in response to David McKinlay

Thanks David! I have had issues before (in Caribbean) using the “automatic” even tho the ships do have wifi. Somebody on this forum posted a list of cities from NYC to Athens….so I can now set my iPhone manually every day during our trip. (Need medication reminders every 8 hours). Thanks for responding…I appreciate your help.

Setting Apple Watch when crossing the Atlantic on a cruise ship

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.