Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Critical Threat! ALERT - says from Apple Security - clean.protection-apple.store

On iphone, using Safari (Google Search Engine), an Alert message popped up which said Apple Security at the top; URL was clean.protection-apple.store; message said "Critical Threat! your device has been infected with 21 viruses after visiting etc etc etc". there was an OK button which I did not click on. I powered off/on the device and also "cleared browsing history and website data". The "Block pop-ups" setting was already set to ON before the message appeared. Was this message from Apple or whats going on ? what additional steps should I take to make sure device is okay?

iPhone 8

Posted on Apr 13, 2022 10:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 13, 2022 10:24 PM

Sounds like something you clicked on. There are quite a few websites that show stuff like this, and Apple doesn't operate that way with big warnings like that. It's likely a scam trying to get the user to pay money for some sort of cleanup service.

3 replies

Critical Threat! ALERT - says from Apple Security - clean.protection-apple.store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.