Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Creating a secondary email account under icloud

How can I create a second email address under my icloud account? The original one I created years ago is my main apple ID but I would like to create a new one that I can use instead. How to I create a new one and will everything be accessible under the one account even though there are 2 email addresses?

Posted on Apr 14, 2022 5:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 14, 2022 5:35 AM

Follow the instructions in Add and manage email aliases for iCloud Mail on iCloud.com to create up to three alias addresses. These are all part of your iCloud account.

1. In Mail on iCloud.com, click  at the top of the Mailboxes list, then choose Preferences.
  2. Click Accounts, then click “Add an alias.”
  3. Provide the requested information:
  • Alias: The text you provide becomes the email address (alias@icloud.com). An alias must contain between 3 and 20 characters.
  • Full Name: The name you provide appears in the From field of the messages you send.
  • Label: Aliases are listed alphabetically by label.

4. Click Add, then click Done.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 14, 2022 5:35 AM in response to aashby768

Follow the instructions in Add and manage email aliases for iCloud Mail on iCloud.com to create up to three alias addresses. These are all part of your iCloud account.

1. In Mail on iCloud.com, click  at the top of the Mailboxes list, then choose Preferences.
  2. Click Accounts, then click “Add an alias.”
  3. Provide the requested information:
  • Alias: The text you provide becomes the email address (alias@icloud.com). An alias must contain between 3 and 20 characters.
  • Full Name: The name you provide appears in the From field of the messages you send.
  • Label: Aliases are listed alphabetically by label.

4. Click Add, then click Done.

Creating a secondary email account under icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.