Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can’t log into my apple account and I can’t unlock my iPad

I’ve been trying to log into my iCloud account for almost a year already but it won’t let me. I can’t unlock my account either bc my iPad is locked from forgetting the password. I would like my account back bc I need a phone that works. Please help.. thank you and have a good day

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 14, 2022 5:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 14, 2022 5:53 PM

For the iPad, did you forget the password or the passcode?

If you forgot the Apple ID (iCloud) password, enter the Apple (iCloud) ID, and click Forgot Password. See if you can get a Rescue or Notification email option if necessary. Link to contact Apple Support at the end of the 2nd article.

Apple ID - Manage  -     

Apple ID – Forgot Password  *      

For the passcode, see the Apple Support article(s) below for earlier than IOS 15.2 . 

Passcode - If you forgot the passcode for your iPad or your device is disabled.     *

What happens when you try to log into your Apple account? Error message(s)? More information would help.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 14, 2022 5:53 PM in response to Ciarahirsch

For the iPad, did you forget the password or the passcode?

If you forgot the Apple ID (iCloud) password, enter the Apple (iCloud) ID, and click Forgot Password. See if you can get a Rescue or Notification email option if necessary. Link to contact Apple Support at the end of the 2nd article.

Apple ID - Manage  -     

Apple ID – Forgot Password  *      

For the passcode, see the Apple Support article(s) below for earlier than IOS 15.2 . 

Passcode - If you forgot the passcode for your iPad or your device is disabled.     *

What happens when you try to log into your Apple account? Error message(s)? More information would help.

Apr 14, 2022 6:04 PM in response to Eric Root

I completely forgot the passcode to even get into my iPad. When I try logging into my iCloud account on my phone it tells me “this account has been locked for personal safety. Please continue on your iPad to unlock your account” but how can I do that when I can’t even get into my ipad? It’s officially locked for good and I don’t have a laptop to unlock it

I can’t log into my apple account and I can’t unlock my iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.