Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 13 lock screen cover closed

How do you switch on the function to lock an iPhone 13 Pro Max when the case is closed?

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Apr 15, 2022 3:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2022 5:07 AM

Hi Giulio,

Thanks for your reply but that is not an option on my phone. I’m definitely using a folio style case and I’ve got an iPhone 13 Pro Max running iOS 15.4.1.

It has an ‘auto-lock’ option under the Disply & Brightness settings but that only sets a time period of inactivity before locking. There is no option for locking phone when case is closed.

Regards,

woy

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 15, 2022 5:07 AM in response to ProustGiulio

Hi Giulio,

Thanks for your reply but that is not an option on my phone. I’m definitely using a folio style case and I’ve got an iPhone 13 Pro Max running iOS 15.4.1.

It has an ‘auto-lock’ option under the Disply & Brightness settings but that only sets a time period of inactivity before locking. There is no option for locking phone when case is closed.

Regards,

woy

Apr 15, 2022 8:16 AM in response to woywuss

Hi woy,

I think you're right.

Unfortunatly I do not own an iPhone 13, so I never got the problem, and I probably gave you incorrect information.

But googling around, I found this interesting article from a folio style cases maker: ->https://torro.co.uk/blogs/tech-news-rumours/why-doesnt-my-iphone-12-pro-auto-lock

From that article, it appears that the screens of the iPhone 12 or 13 models do not have the appropriate sensors to enable the lock / unlock option .

The only thing I can advise you, is to ask Apple Support directly if this information is correct (actually looking on the Apple website, I can't find any folio cases for these models).

Sorry about that.

Best regards

Giulio

iphone 13 lock screen cover closed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.