Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone contacts not syncing to iCloud

I have ~250 contacts on my phone. About 150 of them are on my Mac/iCloud, but there are 100 on my phone that will not upload to iCloud. I have gone to groups and ensured that they say they are in iCloud, and all 250 of them are. I've also gone to settings to make sure that iCloud sync is on for contacts, and I've turned it on and off several times. Lastly, I tried resetting my phone to an iCloud backup- on the recommendation of a Senior Advisor- and even that didn't work. This is a long-standing issue. At one point, I upgraded my phone to an iPhone 13 Pro and the issue still didn't resolve. I really need my contacts to be synced for work, and it's driving me crazy that they're not.

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Apr 15, 2022 5:34 AM

1 reply

Apr 16, 2022 8:25 AM in response to jest0pher_

Hello jest0pher_,

Here's some things to check out:

1. You're using the same Apple ID for Contacts on all devices
  2. On your iPhone go to Settings > Contacts to see how many accounts are listed
  3. Once there, tap Accounts. Make sure there isn't another account that is active.

We're suggesting this because from your screenshot we can see Gmail. We'd also suggest signing in the website for Gmail. You're looking to see if the contact that are missing on iCloud are included under that account. If this is the case, you'd want to make sure these contact sync on your Mac.

We'd also like you to use this guide: If your iCloud Contacts, Calendars, or Reminders won’t sync. You'd want to double check the items under "Things to check first" as another good step.

If this doesn't help, let us know.

Kind regards.

iPhone contacts not syncing to iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.