Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to give WhatsApp local network access : WhatsApp absent from the apps list

My WhatsApp is currently unable to successfully initiate a call. A dialogue appears, instructing me to give local network access to WhatsApp, by going. into iOS Settings > Privacy > local network, and allow access:

Here is the issue however: WhatsApp is not present in the list of apps, so I cannot toggle the switch to “enable “:

I tried reinstalling WhatsApp, hoping that would reset things, and cause it to ask for permission again. But the dialogue did not show.

How can prompt an app to ask again for local network access?

and/or

is there any way of adding a specific app to that list in the local network settings?

Thank you.

iOS version: 15.4.1

WhatsApp version: 2.22.8.75

iPhone 12 Pro

Posted on Apr 15, 2022 7:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2022 7:02 PM

WhatsApp is not an Apple product. Contact the app developer here --> App Support or WhatsApp FAQ  Or Restoring your chat history - WhatsApp FAQ or Contact WhatsApp

WhatsApp Business is not an Apple product. Contact the app developer here --> Developer Website  or App Support  or WhatsApp business products - WhatsApp FAQ

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 20, 2022 12:17 PM in response to Ralph Wahrlich

I posted the query on WhatsApp support page, and got a response about 30 seconds later (presumably automatically generated?):

“Hi, 

Thanks for your message. 

Unfortunately, this issue is out of the scope of support that WhatsApp can provide. 

If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us. We'll be happy to help! “

A bit hopeless, really!

Copy of what I sent them:

“My WhatsApp is currently unable to successfully initiate a call A dialogue appears, instructing me to give local network access to WhatsApp, by going. into iOS Settings > Privacy > local network, and allow access. Here is the issue however: in that settings area, WhatsApp is not present in the list of apps, so there is no switch I can toggle, to “enable”. 

I tried reinstalling WhatsApp, hoping that would reset things, and cause it to ask for permission again (to access local network). But the dialogue did not show. 

I also tried this: Go to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone > Reset > Reset Location & privacy

But it didn’t fix anything. 

Hoping you can help. 

Thank you,

Ralph. 

iOS version: 15.4.1

WhatsApp version: 2.22.8.75”

Apr 30, 2022 1:46 PM in response to Ralph Wahrlich

I tried replying to the WhatsApp support message with the following:

“Thank you. Can you please confirm: what specifically is not supported? Using WhatsApp with wifi?”

Ten hours later, a canned response (which was simply a copy of something I’d already seen on their FAQ):

”Hi,

Thanks for your message.

If you're experiencing issues such as status updates not displaying, media not sending, low resolution, or quality of video calling, it could be connection-related. Try the following:

* Restart your phone by turning it off and on again.

* Connect to another Wi-Fi network.

* Switch between Wi-Fi and mobile data connection.

* Upgrade to the latest version of WhatsApp on the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store.

The images you send through WhatsApp or your profile photo may be of lower quality depending on the original size. Media files are usually compressed when shared to WhatsApp.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us. We'll be happy to help!”

So I’ve given up on that avenue.

Unable to give WhatsApp local network access : WhatsApp absent from the apps list

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.