Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iCloud account is stuck on the verifying screen

iCloud account stuck on verifying screen.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 16, 2022 5:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2022 8:23 AM

Hi rafa244,

Is your iPhone connected to cellular data or a Wi-Fi network when attempting to add the account and verify? If not, connect to a network and test the steps here: Set up iCloud for Mail on all your devices - Apple Support

Specifically the steps for turning Mail on from the settings.

1. "On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud.
  2. If you want to send and receive iCloud Mail on your device, turn on iCloud Mail (or Mail)."

If the issue continues, test force closing the Mail app, restarting your iPhone normally and then attempting to add the account again.

Close an app on your iPhone or iPod touch

Restart your iPhone

Add an email account to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Cheers!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 17, 2022 8:23 AM in response to rafa244

Hi rafa244,

Is your iPhone connected to cellular data or a Wi-Fi network when attempting to add the account and verify? If not, connect to a network and test the steps here: Set up iCloud for Mail on all your devices - Apple Support

Specifically the steps for turning Mail on from the settings.

1. "On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud.
  2. If you want to send and receive iCloud Mail on your device, turn on iCloud Mail (or Mail)."

If the issue continues, test force closing the Mail app, restarting your iPhone normally and then attempting to add the account again.

Close an app on your iPhone or iPod touch

Restart your iPhone

Add an email account to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Cheers!

Apr 17, 2022 7:51 AM in response to rafa244

Greetings rafa244,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. We see that you have not received a reply to your question yet.

What exactly are you attempting to do with iCloud when this is happening? Which specific software version are you using?

Are you able to replicate this issue? If so, which specific steps to you take to do so?

The more detail you can provide, the better the chances of receiving a reply.

Cheers.

Apr 17, 2022 8:13 AM in response to Dustin_R_308

I accidentally removed the email app from my iPhone. During the reinstallation of the mail app I arrived at the Welcome to Mail screen where I am prompted to choose a service. I selected iCloud and then was prompted to enter my Apple ID and password. Here is where the trouble begins - after I enter my ID and password and select Next the Verifying message appears and a wheel in the top right corner begins spinning and then quickly stops and I'm right back where I began. I have checked both my Apple ID and password on my iPad and laptop so the incorrect information is not a factor. Any suggestions would be great as to how I can get mail back on my iPhone.

My iCloud account is stuck on the verifying screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.