Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is the “Apple Inc.” app?

I was looking through Settings>>General>>Storage on my iPhone (11 Pro) and came across an app labeled “Apple Inc.” that had no icon, yet was taking up 2.9GB of space. I searched on-line for guidance but couldn’t come up with anything definitive. I restarted my phone and that particular app now takes up 10.1MB of space. Another iPhone user said apps he's offloaded show up that way (no icon) but the apps I’ve offloaded all show up with their icons (I’ve not yet deleted their data). When I tapped on that app to get to the page which should allow me to delete its data, there was no link for that. See attachments. Does anyone have any idea what this is from?

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Apr 16, 2022 9:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 16, 2022 10:33 PM

I have the exact same issue. But I have multiple listings for Apple Inc in my storage and it looks the same as your screenshots. I’m not sure what it is, but little concerned about what’s taking up that much storage on my phone.

Similar questions

2 replies

Apr 17, 2022 7:18 AM in response to GeorgeOrwell1331

I was curious that the size of the file dropped significantly after I restarted my phone. I also noticed, after that restart, that the Software Update app indicated that it had been used that same day, when I hadn’t used SU (I download updates, but don’t install them automatically; also, I’d updated to 15.4.1 a day or two after it was released two weeks ago). So it made me wonder of there’s a connection between this “app” and software update. Perhaps the next update will confirm or disallow this hypothesis.

What is the “Apple Inc.” app?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.