Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is iTunes so useless? How do I simply search the iTunes Store?

Lots of articles about how iTunes got worse over the years, as Apple tried to push its subscription service. Do I really need another subscription that's nickel and diming me each month for services I won't use? No, I do not.

I simply want to use the search bar in the Music app and search for a specific song or album in the iTunes store. Yet I try to enter a term in the search bar and it automatically goes to my library to search. The only thing I can do when I click on the iTunes store button is browse. Who wants to just browse? People hear a song somewhere and want to find it and buy it. Is it even possible to search for a song in the Music app in the iTunes store? Such a useless app.

Thanks in advance if anyone has tips.

Posted on Apr 16, 2022 9:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 16, 2022 9:40 AM

After you click in the search box at the top of the sidebar on the left, click iTunes Store at the top right of the main window.

See the information in Buy music from the iTunes Store - Apple Support including the example below:

Click the iTunes Store button in the upper-right corner.

2 replies

Why is iTunes so useless? How do I simply search the iTunes Store?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.