Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ssd size upgrade with different styles

I have a MacBook pro 2017. It has a 256 flash ssd...i want to upgrade to a min of a 1Tb or better....but im seeing ssds with adaptors and all kinds of stick Drives...the one or two i see on Amazon that look like my model with out the adaptor style....haven't got good ratings...slow speed....so I'm not sure about buying the adaptor and going with a different style than what's in my Macbook pro....can i get a little help..thank you

Charles

Posted on Apr 16, 2022 12:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 16, 2022 12:34 PM

cfb58 wrote:

I have a MacBook pro 2017. It has a 256 flash ssd...i want to upgrade to a min of a 1Tb or better....but im seeing ssds with adaptors and all kinds of stick Drives...the one or two i see on Amazon that look like my model with out the adaptor style....haven't got good ratings...slow speed....so I'm not sure about buying the adaptor and going with a different style than what's in my Macbook pro....can i get a little help..thank you
Charles

There are some known issue with upgrading macOS on third party SSD...

See OWC/MacSales— well ahead of the curve all things Mac— for Storage upgrades on your 2017.

excellent customer support, word wide distributors.

OWC SSDs Designed for Apple Laptops and Desktops

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 16, 2022 12:34 PM in response to cfb58

cfb58 wrote:

Charles

There are some known issue with upgrading macOS on third party SSD...

See OWC/MacSales— well ahead of the curve all things Mac— for Storage upgrades on your 2017.

excellent customer support, word wide distributors.

OWC SSDs Designed for Apple Laptops and Desktops

Ssd size upgrade with different styles

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.