Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Giving access to microphone for applications

Recently, I cannot give the app access to the microphone, so I can't make calls or record / take photos through them. The access sliders are locked (gray and not moving when clicked) and there are no requests for access displayed. I am also unable to give access to the microphone after entering the application options - this option is not displayed at all.

Posted on Apr 16, 2022 1:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2022 11:35 PM

I think we misunderstood a bit. I have already used the instructions available on the internet and it was not my problem. I do not have access to change the microphone options at all. When I go to the indicated location Privacy -> Microphone I cannot do anything. It's like the buttons are locked. In new apps, on the other hand, the option to grant a microphone does not appear, and where it is granted, I cannot change it. I attach pictures to the problem.

• Privacy > Microphone

• New apps with no access granted

• Apps with granted access (I don't know if problem appeared now or been there earlier)

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 17, 2022 11:35 PM in response to Drew_7

I think we misunderstood a bit. I have already used the instructions available on the internet and it was not my problem. I do not have access to change the microphone options at all. When I go to the indicated location Privacy -> Microphone I cannot do anything. It's like the buttons are locked. In new apps, on the other hand, the option to grant a microphone does not appear, and where it is granted, I cannot change it. I attach pictures to the problem.

• Privacy > Microphone

• New apps with no access granted

• Apps with granted access (I don't know if problem appeared now or been there earlier)

Giving access to microphone for applications

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.