Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I dropped my phone in the water for about 20 mins and it won’t charge what do I do

I dropped my phone in the water for about 20 mins and it won’t charge what do I do

Posted on Apr 16, 2022 2:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 16, 2022 3:09 PM

Is it giving any warning messages? If you're lucky, it may just be the electronic liquid detector sensed water, and it just won't allow charging until it's sufficiently dried. Other than that, if water actually got in, there may not be anything you can do other than back up if you can and then hope that there wasn't any liquid ingress, or perhaps wait for it to dry out and hope it didn't cause permanent damage.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 16, 2022 3:09 PM in response to camden184

Is it giving any warning messages? If you're lucky, it may just be the electronic liquid detector sensed water, and it just won't allow charging until it's sufficiently dried. Other than that, if water actually got in, there may not be anything you can do other than back up if you can and then hope that there wasn't any liquid ingress, or perhaps wait for it to dry out and hope it didn't cause permanent damage.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.