Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Developer Forums relocated!

Need help with Apple Developer tools and technologies? Want to share information with other developers and Apple engineers? Visit Developer Forums at Apple.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

XCode does not save my files

I have loaded files into my project from a subdirectory named ACL. When I press save in Xcode, the file is not saved to the ACL subdirectory. If the file is saved, where is it saved to?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.5

Posted on Apr 16, 2022 9:31 PM

Similar questions

9 replies

Apr 17, 2022 1:37 PM in response to dgrovespdx

I do not understand exactly what you’re doing here. Create a new project. As part of creating a new project, you will select the type of project (e.g. Swift command line tool for macOS, etc), and where you want the project created.

If you’re trying to sling random files into random Xcode project directories manually (i.e. treating Xcode like a text editor), that won’t work so well.

When adding then files through Xcode (dragging the files into the project, pasting the code into s new source module, etc), I prefer to keep all source files either in the project directory or relative to it. Which IIRC is the default.

XCode does not save my files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.