Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Updating new phone number on account

How do I change the phone number on my account? I no longer have the number that I signed up with, so I am unable to use my old number for any verification codes that are sent.

Posted on Apr 17, 2022 2:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2022 2:16 AM

Hey there,

On your iPhone Go to Settings > tap on your name > password & security > trusted phone number- Edit add your new number.

on the web :

1. Go to appleid.apple.com, then sign in with your Apple ID.
  2. Answer your security questions, then tap Continue.
  3. You'll see a prompt to upgrade your account security. Tap Continue.
  4. Click Upgrade Account Security. 
  5. Enter the phone number where you want to receive verification codes when you sign in. You can choose to receive the codes by text message or automated phone call.
  6. Click Continue.
  7. Enter the verification code to verify your phone number and turn on two-factor authentication.

For more info ☞ Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 17, 2022 2:16 AM in response to aliah1313

Hey there,

On your iPhone Go to Settings > tap on your name > password & security > trusted phone number- Edit add your new number.

on the web :

1. Go to appleid.apple.com, then sign in with your Apple ID.
  2. Answer your security questions, then tap Continue.
  3. You'll see a prompt to upgrade your account security. Tap Continue.
  4. Click Upgrade Account Security. 
  5. Enter the phone number where you want to receive verification codes when you sign in. You can choose to receive the codes by text message or automated phone call.
  6. Click Continue.
  7. Enter the verification code to verify your phone number and turn on two-factor authentication.

For more info ☞ Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

Updating new phone number on account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.