Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cleaned my keyboard now numbers 1-9 won't work

I cleaned my keyboard now numbers 1-9 don't work. So i did what someone suggested and removed the paired bluetooth then tried pairing again, so because numbers are not working I now cannot pair the keyboard. Any Help please would be greatly appreciated.

iMac 27″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Apr 17, 2022 5:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2022 5:56 AM

I only use a moist cloth to clean the keys on my keyboards. If you sprayed any solution directly on the keyboard, then that is likely why your keys are inoperable as that liquid got down into the keyboard circuitry. Check with an Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider, but it is likely you will need to replace the keyboard to be on the safe side.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 17, 2022 5:56 AM in response to shanewarne2111

I only use a moist cloth to clean the keys on my keyboards. If you sprayed any solution directly on the keyboard, then that is likely why your keys are inoperable as that liquid got down into the keyboard circuitry. Check with an Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider, but it is likely you will need to replace the keyboard to be on the safe side.

I cleaned my keyboard now numbers 1-9 won't work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.