You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Watch series 6 won’t go to sleep

Everything is switched to on for sleep mode, I have tried restarting, but it still won’t go into sleep mode at night. I get woken up through the night with the watch vibrating with notifications

I have turned it manually to sleep before I go to bed, however it turns itself back on

seems to have happened after it did an update, however it has since done a new update and hasn’t fixed it

Apple Watch Series 6

Posted on Apr 17, 2022 3:05 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 18, 2022 1:46 PM

Hi BblossomB.

Since restarting your device didn't work and you've already confirmed that your Focus settings are correct, try unpairing and re-pairing your Apple Watch to your companion iPhone. This is a great troubleshooting step to try. Just in case, these resources can guide you: Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support

1.) Keep your Apple Watch and iPhone close together as you unpair them.
2.) Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
3.) Go to the My Watch tab and tap All Watches.
4.) Tap the info button "i" next to the watch that you want to unpair.
5.) Tap Unpair Apple Watch
6.) For GPS + Cellular models, choose to keep or remove your cellular plan. 
7.) Tap again to confirm. You might need to enter your Apple ID password to disable Activation Lock. Before erasing all content and settings on your Apple Watch, your iPhone creates a new backup of your Apple Watch. You can use the backup to restore a new Apple Watch. After your Apple Watch unpairs, you'll see the Start Pairing message.
8.) Set up your Apple Watch again.

After unpairing, set up your Apple Watch again: Set up your Apple Watch - Apple Support

We hope these steps help you. Cheers.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 18, 2022 1:46 PM in response to BblossomB

Hi BblossomB.

Since restarting your device didn't work and you've already confirmed that your Focus settings are correct, try unpairing and re-pairing your Apple Watch to your companion iPhone. This is a great troubleshooting step to try. Just in case, these resources can guide you: Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support

1.) Keep your Apple Watch and iPhone close together as you unpair them.
2.) Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
3.) Go to the My Watch tab and tap All Watches.
4.) Tap the info button "i" next to the watch that you want to unpair.
5.) Tap Unpair Apple Watch
6.) For GPS + Cellular models, choose to keep or remove your cellular plan. 
7.) Tap again to confirm. You might need to enter your Apple ID password to disable Activation Lock. Before erasing all content and settings on your Apple Watch, your iPhone creates a new backup of your Apple Watch. You can use the backup to restore a new Apple Watch. After your Apple Watch unpairs, you'll see the Start Pairing message.
8.) Set up your Apple Watch again.

After unpairing, set up your Apple Watch again: Set up your Apple Watch - Apple Support

We hope these steps help you. Cheers.

Apr 18, 2022 10:12 AM in response to BblossomB

Hello BblossomB,

In the resource under Related Article linked above it states the following:

Sleep Screen: To reduce distractions, iPhone can simplify your Lock Screen and turn on Sleep Focus at your scheduled bedtime. You can also give certain people or apps permission to notify you. In the Settings app on your iPhone, tap Focus > Sleep. Tap People or Apps under Allowed Notifications and select who or what can notify you while Sleep Focus is on.

Have you checked your Focus settings to confirm there aren't any allowed Apps or People? The following resource shares additional information on how to use Focus: Use Focus on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

Best!

Watch series 6 won’t go to sleep

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.