Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Newsroom Update

Apple and Major League Baseball announce July “Friday Night Baseball” schedule. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

two factor authentication problem.

I need to understand why my apple TV device will not work with 2 factor authentication. I put everything in correctly for user name and password. The code pops up on my Ipad and I enter it correctly. Nothing happens, it just loops back to the start requiring user name and password again. I get the code and I enter it. Repeat and repeat. What is going on? Is there a time limit on code entry? If so, that needs to be increased. All I have is the apple remote and it takes me some time to enter the numbers.

If I had the option to permanently turn off the two factor, I certainly would. If not, please increase the time to enter the code to at least 60 seconds

iPad, iPadOS 15

Posted on Apr 17, 2022 6:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2022 7:39 PM

What is your model Apple TV? Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

If you have an Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation) and two-factor authentication for your Apple ID, then you may be asked to type your password followed by the six-digit verification code directly into the password field. Additionally, there is a time limit, after which the code becomes invalid.

Try this: First enter the characters of your password (do not submit yet), then manually request a new verification code, then append that code to the password (no spaces or other separating characters), and then submit. That should help you get passed the time limit.

If your Apple TV is 4th generation or later, then TFA should be easy and straight forward, as it will be asked for separately when needed.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 17, 2022 7:39 PM in response to CPM423

What is your model Apple TV? Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

If you have an Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation) and two-factor authentication for your Apple ID, then you may be asked to type your password followed by the six-digit verification code directly into the password field. Additionally, there is a time limit, after which the code becomes invalid.

Try this: First enter the characters of your password (do not submit yet), then manually request a new verification code, then append that code to the password (no spaces or other separating characters), and then submit. That should help you get passed the time limit.

If your Apple TV is 4th generation or later, then TFA should be easy and straight forward, as it will be asked for separately when needed.

two factor authentication problem.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.