Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Messages in iCloud

I turned off Messages in my iPhone 7 in iCloud, can I retrieve them?

Posted on Apr 17, 2022 7:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2022 11:49 PM

See the article Use Messages in iCloud - Apple Support

When you turn off Messages on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac, you can choose to turn off Messages in iCloud for just that device or all of your devices. Any device where Messages in iCloud is still turned on continues to store what you send and receive from that device in iCloud.

On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

1. Go to Settings.
  2. Tap [your name] > iCloud.
  3. Turn off Messages.

If you turn off Messages in iCloud on an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch your message history will be included in a separate iCloud backup.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 17, 2022 11:49 PM in response to OurStuffyWeLike

See the article Use Messages in iCloud - Apple Support

When you turn off Messages on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac, you can choose to turn off Messages in iCloud for just that device or all of your devices. Any device where Messages in iCloud is still turned on continues to store what you send and receive from that device in iCloud.

On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

1. Go to Settings.
  2. Tap [your name] > iCloud.
  3. Turn off Messages.

If you turn off Messages in iCloud on an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch your message history will be included in a separate iCloud backup.

Messages in iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.