Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I change my password in Mail?

I can’t get my Mail. It seems that the password is wrong. How do I fix this?

iPhone SE, iOS 15

Posted on Apr 18, 2022 4:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 18, 2022 8:48 PM

Hi Jean N,

Welcome to the Apple Community.

You may need to go to your eMail provider's website, (eg: Yahoo, Gmail, etc)

If you are unable to log-in and retrieve your correct password:

You can likely change your password there.

Often, there will be a "forgot my password" link you can click, and follow the provider's method.)

When you have the new password:

Try opening Mail again to access your account ... when / if asked, enter the new password.

If needed:

You might want to delete the inaccessible eMail account in Settings > Mail > Accounts >.

Then set it up again with the new password:

Set up a mail account

1. Go to Settings  > Mail > Accounts > Add Account.
    2. Do one of the following:
      • Tap an email service—for example, iCloud or Microsoft Exchange—then enter your email account information.
      • Tap Other, tap Add Mail Account, then enter your information to set up a new account.

All the best :-)

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 18, 2022 8:48 PM in response to Jean N

Hi Jean N,

Welcome to the Apple Community.

You may need to go to your eMail provider's website, (eg: Yahoo, Gmail, etc)

If you are unable to log-in and retrieve your correct password:

You can likely change your password there.

Often, there will be a "forgot my password" link you can click, and follow the provider's method.)

When you have the new password:

Try opening Mail again to access your account ... when / if asked, enter the new password.

If needed:

You might want to delete the inaccessible eMail account in Settings > Mail > Accounts >.

Then set it up again with the new password:

Set up a mail account

1. Go to Settings  > Mail > Accounts > Add Account.
    2. Do one of the following:
      • Tap an email service—for example, iCloud or Microsoft Exchange—then enter your email account information.
      • Tap Other, tap Add Mail Account, then enter your information to set up a new account.

All the best :-)

Apr 18, 2022 9:12 PM in response to Jean N

I have just discovered that if you’re on the ice it in safari doing a search then if you ask your password you have to use your Apple ID

BUT if you’re doing a search on a Microsoft browser then you have to use your yahoo or your Outlook ID and password

so I have three different emails for these accounts for his browsers I mean so I have to have three different passwords or I will continually be putting in new passwords like I have been for the last year and this little gem I have just discovered all by myself because Apple has been totally useless

I just stop this from the people that cleaned our computers when they were hacked it was something totally new to me he’s always had Apple products Nolan but no one ever told us that to this day

Apr 18, 2022 9:01 PM in response to Jean N

Jean N Said:

"How can I change my password in Mail?: I can’t get my Mail. It seems that the password is wrong. How do I fix this?"

-------

Use a New App Password:

Do you use an App Password? If so, try a new App Password. Sometimes, changes (i.e. updates) are made to the device, and then mail server syncing becomes an issue (which is what a new App Password it intended to fix). Go here for gmail: Sign in with App Passwords - Google Account Help - Google

How can I change my password in Mail?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.