Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to delete a iCloud email not an account

I have an iCloud email that wish to delete and use a different one. How do I do that?

Posted on Apr 18, 2022 5:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 18, 2022 5:57 AM

I have an iCloud email that wish to delete and use a different one.

Read carefully, see -> How to delete your Apple ID account

How to delete your Apple ID account – Apple Support (UK)

Tell us what is the problem with the account you want to delete?

7 replies

Apr 18, 2022 6:39 AM in response to koehkk1

Another way to approach this, you can make an email alias and then set that alias as your primary Apple ID email.

This will effectively "delete" your iCloud email without deleting the entire Apple ID account.

Step 1: Go to https://icloud.com and login with your Apple ID

Step 2: Click on the Mail App

Step 3: Click the Settings icon (located at the top left, next to the refresh button)

Step 4: Click the Accounts tab

Step 5: Click the "Add an Alias" option

Step 6: Enter a new email address

Step 7: Click the "Add" button

If the email address is available for use, it will close the pop-up box and the new alias will appear in the list.

After 30 days you can make the email alias your primary Apple ID address (Apple restricts new iCloud addresses to a 30 day period probably to prevent spam).

To do this follow this guide:

Change your Apple ID – Apple Support (UK)

After 30 days follow the same instructions to create an alias, but instead of making a new alias, select your old primary address and check the "Disable alias" box.

To receive iMessages from your new address, follow the instructions under the "Additional email addresses" header in this article:

About your Apple ID email addresses – Apple Support (UK)

Thanks

How to delete a iCloud email not an account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.