Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stuck on iPad Beta Profile, can't update.

Using iPad 6th generation

Hi,

I hope you can help.

I am currently stuck on what I believe is an iPad beta version (possibly developer) of iPad os 14.

Currently on version 14.0 (18A5301v). I have tried so many different options from youtube videos to tutorials to try and get back to the most up to date public version.

iPad is frustrating to use as it is continually having popups telling you there is a newer version to download. There is also a lot of functionality that doesn't work because it is an older version.

If I go to software update the newest version is there to download. I can download it but when I go to install it, it starts the process, i agree to the terms and then it freezes on the terms and conditions page very time and won't progress with the update.

I have tried wiping it back to factory setting. Doesn't work, just reinstalls with this version.

I have tried connecting to my mac but this doesn't work (i.e restore or software update) Mac just says iPad running on latest version.

I cannot find anywhere on the system that allows me to delete beta profile. I once had this issue with an iPhone but managed to easily resolve this by deleting the beta profile in profiles section in the menu. Nothing in VPN&device management and there is no profiles section.

Any idea?

Thanks in advance.

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on Apr 18, 2022 5:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 18, 2022 5:53 AM

If you are currently enrolled in a beta programme and wish to return to using the current production version, this support page provides the necessary information to remove the beta from your iPad:

How to uninstall iOS beta software - Apple Support

You’ll only be able to restore the most recent version of iPadOS supported by your iPad; iPadOS 15.4.1 is the current production release.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 18, 2022 5:53 AM in response to r10089411

If you are currently enrolled in a beta programme and wish to return to using the current production version, this support page provides the necessary information to remove the beta from your iPad:

How to uninstall iOS beta software - Apple Support

You’ll only be able to restore the most recent version of iPadOS supported by your iPad; iPadOS 15.4.1 is the current production release.

Stuck on iPad Beta Profile, can't update.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.